Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Reflections on being a Teaching Assistant - Final Thoughts for the Year

I have been a Teaching Assistant for 3 semesters now. It has been an interesting experience and will continue to be one when I get back in fall. The only question that remains is what have I really learned from my experiences this year. First and foremost, is really experiencing that everyone gets things at different speeds. I had several students that would just immediately pick up a concept and others that would struggle with it for a whole week. I saw several students withdraw from the course and wonder if I could have done more for them or if the lack of outreach from them was a simple enough sign. I just hope that I am providing a good enough example for the students I am helping to enter my field and I hope that they will continue to prosper as time goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment