Tuesday, May 19, 2015

News - Stripe in Asia

Stripe is a relatively new method for online payment in the same vein as Paypal. It has made a decent boom over in the Silicon Valley for being fairly simple to use with a nice interface. I personally use Paypal, though it is extremely infrequent, and I will say I find the whole process to be fairly annoying. Bad as it may be, I tend to just use my card to pay for things. I know, I know, for shame. Either way, it is always good to see more competition springing up in a market, though I do have to wonder just how many of these services there are that are essentially money middlemen. It seems so strange to me to be hearing about all of these different services springing up.

Aside from the interface, Stripe has partnered with Sumitomo Mitsui Credit to help bolster their user base as they are essentially fresh blood over there. It is a pretty bold move and will hopefully work out well. It will remain to be seen if it can generate the buzz it needs to stay strong in the industry, but best of luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment