Monday, May 5, 2014

Change of Pace: ImagineRIT & Face-painting

So ImagineRIT is a showcase for all sorts of projects and booths that RIT puts together every year. I had quite a few friends present their projects and had some pretty good showings. I was not one of those people that had a real showcase. I spent time with my club. We got together, grabbed two tables, and made little masks and did face-painting for the kids. I was pretty tired after the entire affair was over, but it was also probably the most fulfilling thing I have done.

I don't know why, but seeing a child's face light up is just amazing. I am not the best artist, as displayed by some of the artwork my fellow club mates showed off, but I know I made some kids really happy. I even had one parent personally thank me because I had just made their son's day. It is the little things like that which make the entire thing worth while. I'm hoping that we will get to do something like this again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment