Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Python Math: Final Thoughts

We are doing a presentation today on Python Math: Adder's Garden Adventure. What we learned from it, what challenges we faced, and what could have gone better. Honestly I am proud of what my little team managed to come up with and I am also proud of what we will be leaving behind for the next HFOSS class to work with. While I think that in the long run I could have contributed more than what I ended up contributing, I think that we all did a good job.

The most important thing that I have taken from the whole experience has to be how fast development can be when you have people that really care about a project and also what happens when you have very limited development time. Roughly 4 weeks is not a long time to go from nothing to "finished" product. We still don't have that honestly, but I think we have something worth while.

I hope that there are people that will be picking it up in the future, especially as the next HFOSS class comes into session. I would like to see more done with the game. The framework is complete. It just needs some dedicated people to write up some cool levels for it and a fresh coat of paint. With those two things, I think it could very well shine. I have to give a big thanks to danShumway for starting this project and I hope I will get to work with him more in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment