Tuesday, September 30, 2014

PyTalk - Final Thoughts

This was an interesting experiment. The entire class is weird due to the fact that I have nowhere near as much mojo when it comes to all of these tools we are using like coding in python and using the Raspberry Pi. Especially after seeing all of the other projects in the class. PyTalk works, though it is a little rough when being used on a Pi, although that portion needs a little more testing when it comes to making statements like that.

Our demo for the class was a little rough since it was on a Pi that we had never used before. It managed to connect up to the IRC chat and post a few things, but the speech recognition was a little off, much like the first builds of the project. That said, we are hopefully doing another demo today which should go much smoother.

The only thing that we have left to do is upload the project up to Pypi, which is my job and overall it has been going horribly. I would never have expected that the issues I'm getting. What is a little more impressive is that there doesn't seem to be anyone else who understands the error either. Hopefully uploading from the Pi itself might work better, although that will probably end up taking a long time.

Regardless I am looking forward to the next project s that we will be having. I don't really have any thoughts on what I want to do, so I'm just going to try and stick with mstubinis with whatever project he wants to do for this milestone.C'est la vive

No comments:

Post a Comment