Sunday, April 27, 2014

Python Math: Adder's Garden Adventure - Beginning Trials

My HFOSS class has grouped people up to make educational games. My group has decided to make its own game. The result of our planning has come up with Python Math: Adder's Garden Adventure. The idea is that you are a snake learning math in a garden. Like other Snake games, as you play, the snake gets bigger. In this case, Adder goes through various gates to increase his size by the number that is on the gate. Adder must grow until he is able to go through the door to the next puzzle. What makes it different is that Adder can also go through gates that will subtract from his size to allow for more interesting puzzles.

So far it seems like my role in the group is to be the main designer, which both makes me in charge of keeping our design documents up to date. So far I have already made documents for our puzzle design, mechanics design, and menu design. The documents themselves are not completely full since we are still going through the planning stages for most of the game. I'm quite interested in what will become of the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment