Monday, February 17, 2014

This Week in HFOSS - 2/10/14

Outside of today not having class, HFOSS has been rather interesting. We spent much of last week going over discussion on a chapter from Steve Weber's book The Success of Open Source. I personally found the reading rather dry, but it did capture some of the more interesting elements of open source development rather well. It could have stood to broaden its horizons a bit, but otherwise a decent read. You can find a slightly more in-depth analysis of the chapter as a whole here.

We also spent a bit of time talking about the local meet up for the ROC.py meet-up tomorrow. Mostly centered around who would be doing the driving and who would be going with who. I won't be in attendance due to some prior engagements which means I have to miss the talk on introducing python to people. I personally have only done very minor work in python, only when helping a friend with their CS homework in my freshman year. I hope that as the semester goes on, I will be able to catch up with those that did go in terms of experience. Till next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment