Monday, October 7, 2013

Leap of Faith Update

Well, with the start of the second sprint coming up, I may actually get to do some work this time. My job on the team has been UI design and implementation, but up until now, there hasn't really been a framework to work with. Considering the rest of the game, I don't think the UI is going to be very complicated. This is due in large to the lack of needing a HUD of any sort since it would be a little intrusive to the experience.

This leaves me with just having the different screens to implement which will basically just be 4 objects which get cycled through in an array. One for Title, one for the game loop, one for pausing, and one for the Options screen. I had to do the exact same work for my GSD3 project back in freshmen year. Honestly, this entire project has felt rather slow. I haven't had any real work to do, but hopefully that will change now.

This does leave me wondering what the programming core is going to do. It is unlikely that they won't finish polishing the "engine" during this sprint, but what will they do after? All I know is that after week 10, I don't really know what any of us will be working on.

P.S. I'm sorry for the lack of updates on Leap of Faith, but I don't generally have much to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment