Monday, October 7, 2013

First Sprint: Leap of Faith User Interface

So the group work begins and I am the head of the UI section....which consists of me. Work is split rather thin for this project. Hopefully it will get better as we continue through the game. Either way, I don't have anything to implement a screen system on, and I would rather add that to an existing system rather than trying to work the other way. I did that once before for my GSD3 class and that was many nights spent bug fixing. Without any actual programming work to do, I got to make some mock-ups of what the screens would look like.

I really like the lantern personally

This is our Options screen. The idea I've been working with is that our PC, I shall call him Lucius (or Lucy if female, I'm not picky), is that he is carrying a lantern around which generates the light for him to jump around to. I fully admit I'm not an artist, but I like the aesthetic that I managed to make.


The lantern is tipped over, alone
This would be the game over screen. It was pointed out that the player will always "fail" the game. I find it more inspiring if we don't just point out that it's impossible, regardless of the player knowing or not.

The Start Screen, in media res
The title screen basically shows off what the player does in the game. There really much variety wise with the game outside of just straight playing it, as befitting the scope the game is trying to fill.


There is a pause screen as well, but it is basically a transparency over the game screen itself. I also had to make a power up that refills the lantern, but it's just a can of oil.

Will-o-Wisp
I honestly don't know if this will be used, and even if it matches what we are working with. That said, I didn't have much work to do and I liked the idea of the floating light ball helping the player. We don't have an overwhelming amount of work to do so we may have this in game after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment